May 23, 2008
Rock Your Weekend: 60 Minutes That Really Matter
Life goes by fast. And based on the huge response to the recent articles about doing what matters (and doing it before it’s too late), it’s clear that the pace of life can easily run you ragged. And when I announced my weekend challenge on Twitter a few weeks ago, I received no shortage of responses.
So now I’m bringing the challenge to all my readers here.
How To Rock Your Weekend In Just 60 Minutes
You have 48 beautiful hours awaiting you (72 if you’re taking a Memorial Day weekend in the States), and here’s what I’m challenging you to do:
- Spend 30 minutes each day of your weekend doing something you’ve been putting off (but that would really add value to your life and make you happier).
That’s it. But when I say “something you’re putting off,” I’m not talking chores, or around-the-house projects, or things that you feel that you have to do. I’m talking about the things that add meaning to your life that have fallen on the back burner because you’re so damned busy.
Maybe it’s picking up that guitar for a few minutes and dusting it off. Maybe it’s wrestling with your kids or enjoying some quality Lego time. Maybe it’s reading a book, or soaking in the tub, or taking a walk in the woods. Whatever it is, make it something that’s meaningful. Something that takes you away from the stress of your week, lets you live a little bit, and lets you enter the next week without feeling like life’s getting away from you. Don’t wait until life slows down to enjoy it. Enjoy it now.
The Benefits of Rocking Your Weekend
Rocking your weekend with this 2x 30-minute a day challenge has it’s benefits.
- You’ll feel hella good at finally doing something enjoyable you’ve been putting off.
- You’ll start to see that it’s not so hard after all to fit in time for yourself and others.
- You’ll feel the urge to make this a habit.
Imagine that – breaking away from the feeling that life’s too busy and realizing that getting balanced even when you’re busy isn’t an impossible task. It’s within your grasp if you’re willing to be patient.
How To Rock Your Weekend Right Now
Thinking “I should do this” isn’t enough – you need to take a little bit of action before Friday is over to prime the pump for some weekend follow-through. So here’s what I suggest you do to max out your chances of making this a weekend that truly rocks:
- Leave a comment below telling us what you’re going to do with your 2 30-minute blocks this weekend (subscribe to comments b/c I’ll be following up on Tuesday!)
- Spread the word via some link love, tweets, or Stumbles
- Follow me on Twitter & I’ll give you a weekend shout-out to kick you in gear
Looking forward to seeing how this weekend’s challenge goes & how you make this upcoming weekend one to remember. You only live once, so don’t blow it! See you in the comments -
Rock Your Day all through the week – Subscribe to this blog today.